With summer in full swing, it’s time to spice things up and take advantage of the ultimate summer bar promotion ideas. Whether it’s individual patrons, niche audiences, or large groups you wish to entice to your establishment, there are numerous ways to go about it, including ways that are both simple and cost-effective. So don’t wait for summer to end, explore these creative, unique, and successful bar promotion strategies.
Ideas to Increase Bar Business
When exploring various ideas to increase bar business, it’s important to keep in mind the style, theme, and design of your bar to figure out what does and doesn’t work. For this reason, some of these summer bar promotion ideas may work great for your establishment, but terribly for others. At the end of the day, the road to success is forged in thinking outside of the box to reach certain goals. On that note, here are some ideas to increase bar business:
- Cater to Millenials – Believe it or not, promoting your bar to millennials may be the easiest way to increase your ROI. This age group reserves nearly 24% of their spending budget for restaurants and bars, which is far more than any other demographic. Some strategic ways to cater to Millenials include:
- Late Night Happy Hour – According to a survey by the National Restaurant Association and Technomic, a third of millennials would visit a bar more often if the establishment served late-night food. So why not pair late-night food with a late-night happy hour from say, 10 pm to midnight? This is a superb and effective idea for pulling in weekday crowds looking to unwind after a long day of work.
- Pop-Up Shops – Incorporating some aspects of retail can be a great way to attract new customers, and one such way to do this is opting for the occasional pop-up shop. Pop-up shops can be set up inside or outside your venue and will target customers looking to drink and shop locally at the same time.
- Food Promotions and Sales – If your bar offers food and/or small bar snacks, then consider some related promotional ideas. For example, an occasional brunch event or food-based happy hour can absolutely boost awareness, foot traffic, and revenue.
- Bar Specials to Bring in Customers – Food aside, a killer drink menu is crucial to maintaining the interest of patrons. Honing in on some bar specials, whether it be beer + shot combos, or a discounted list of handpicked cocktails, you’ll be sure to pique some interest. You can also explore some summer menu ideas and create a specific list of discounted summer-inspired drinks that complement the warm weather.
- Go Big With Your Promotions – If your bar has a good portion of indoor or outdoor space, it’s never a bad idea to consider a large or small event to bring in a crowd. Here are some specific summer bar promotion ideas and events to consider:
- Trivia Night – Themed or not, a night of trivia in a bar is fun for all ages and demographics. Consider hiring a trivia company that specializes in creating one-of-a-kind trivia nights for local bars and restaurants.
- Karaoke Night – Singing and dancing with drinks in hand? That’s definitely something to share on social media! Karaoke night works in a similar realm as trivia and can pull in large crowds who wish to show off their vocal skills (or lack thereof).
- Homebase For Clubs – Niche audiences may take interest in your establishment if you cater to hosting small events for clubs. Book clubs, mommy groups, hobby, entertainment clubs, and other communities can come together to discuss in your venue, giving them a place to hang out together in a social environment.
- Charitable Events – Hosting charity events is a great way to pull in crowds while also giving back to the community. Whether it’s a happy hour event for volunteers, a veteran’s night, auctions, or even home base for a walk-a-thon, you can increase visibility for a good cause.
Bistro Tables & Bases
The perfect summer bar is not complete without the perfect furniture to match. If you’re in need of tables, bases, barstools, chairs, outdoor furniture, and other high-quality items for your bar, Bistro Tables & Bases has got you covered.
Explore our growing inventory of furniture products, or contact us today for any related questions or comments.